Summarized, the aims of UITO are to:
- Strive for a high level of professionalism within the tour operator industry
- Develop a sustainable Tour Operator industry in Armenia in accordance with criteria designed for the development of sustainable tourism management
- Influence tourism legislation so that it ensures members are provided with a viable environment in which to do business, where opportunity for growth is essential
- Keep members informed of the latest developments and issues that affect Armenia's Tour Operator Business
- Maintain a good relationship with other analogous Tourism associations overseas, to achieve a united working environment.
UITO is the Union for independent and specialist holiday companies. Our member companies, usually owner-managed, strive to create inbound holidays with high levels of professionalism and a shared concern for quality and personal service. The Association promotes the unique range of its members' holidays and encourages the highest standards in all aspects of tour operating
Applicants for membership are required to satisfy a number of criteria concerning their status and the nature of their activities, as follows:
1. They should be bona-fide tour operators whose business is primarily organized as that of a tour operator contracting with holidaymakers as a principal.
2. Their marketing information, whether brochure or web-based, must reflect the high standards expected of UITO members.
3. They should be prepared to abide by the terms and spirit of the UITO Quality Charter and Code of Business Ethics.
4. Applicants have to satisfy the UITO Council that the quality standards expected are being met.
There are two types of membership - Full or Associate
UITO, the Union of Incoming Tour Operators, is an organization representing Armenia's highly-specialized tour operators.
UITO members are independent companies, most of them are owner-managed, specializing in particular destinations or types of holiday; this means that they are uniquely placed to provide personalized advice, based on first hand experience. Every UITO member is passionate about its chosen destinations or activities and is keen to share that enthusiasm with discerning holidaymakers.